Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What to do at the end of a rough day when you don't drink?

Today was a rough day. The kind of rough where you knew that not only did you yell too much, you screamed too much. Today was the kind of day that I realize My behavior and attitude was so bad, if I was the mother of me, I would be appalled at how I acted today. Today was the kind of day where I wondered, "Was my anti-depressant a placebo or dud today?" It was the kind of day that I'm thinking, "Has tomorrow started yet?"


The funniest thing about today is it was not that bad of a day. Looking back, I think the worst part, was  that I couldn't get my kids listen. Why does that bother me when that's a typical thing? Don't get me wrong. My kids listen sometimes but I feel that lately has been more of a struggle. I have been working with a student in my home so my attention is not on them as much as it used to, but having this student does not stop me one bit from disciplining them. 


So what does a mother do at the end of such a day? There are some days I wish I drank. Sadly for me today, I don't. :D There's certainly enough reason for me to shove my face full of delicious unhealthy food, but unfortunately, my fridge is bare. I would work out to relieve some stress but I can't do that either as I have an injury. So what is a mom to do?


I guess it leaves me to vedge in front of the TV. Maybe I can get drunk off of the bad moments that happened today. Hopefully I'll be sober for tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment