Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back to Single Mom Mode

Tonight I dropped off Joe at the airport...again. So I'm back to single mother mode. Having him home for just a short week was exactly that. Short. The only time we really got together was the 4th of July, pat of Saturday and a few hours tonight before he flew out. 


I'm planning on keeping myself busy while he's gone. 


I just bought a Rug Doctor and cleaned Serenity's room with it. I was very impressed! I give it a 4 1/2 STAR review. I just placed all of her things back into her room. Then I want to clean other carpets in my basement. It will be a good week to do it because it's supposed to be HOT. Then I am going to organize Serenity and Ila's clothes. They are so close to the same size that I will be having them share the same school clothes this coming year. A lot of people seem to think its unfair but why should I buy two separate wardrobes when they will be satisfied to share when that's all they know?


Then we put in a new Whirlpool water filter in our house to see if that will help with the iron issue. I'm really hoping it will. 


One of my biggest struggles the last 3 weeks is dealing with Aviana screeching, screaming, and her whininess. I can handle the whininess but the screeching and screaming over everything makes me go batty! If you have any recommendations while reading this, I am up for it. We've ignored it and it doesn't work. She does it more. Putting her in her room while she does it curtails it some, but not enough. It's just exhausting. She was doing better for awhile with it, but the last few weeks with Joe being gone, it got worse again. Goodness, I love that little girl, but her screeching I do not love. 


Well, I'm signing off because I need to get some rest so I can wake up tomorrow and get stuff done! Wish me luck and God's grace because I will surely need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment