Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WHAT?!? Now I have gallbladder issues!!!

Sunday night Joe and I had gone out to a local restaurant. Several hours afterwords, a pain began below my right rib. I've had the pain before but nothing like last night. I was in so much pain that I was thinking of going to the ER but instead called the doctor on call. Lucky me, my own doctor happened to be on call. I described my pain to him and he told me to skip the ER and to come in the office in the morning. So with those instructions, I took some Tylenol PM and went to bed and slept off the pain.


In the morning, I went into the doctor and I reiterated what I had said over the phone at 1AM. He pushed on me right below my rib and listened to my heart/breathing. Then he told me he thought it sounded like I have gallstone(s) and gave me an order form for an abdominal ultrasound. 


I was able to schedule the ultrasound for the following morning (today). The imagist didn't really say anything to me during the procedure but when she was looking at my gallbladder, I saw this big round thing in the image and she measured it. I asked her what that was. She did say it was a stone but didn't say anything further. 


So now I'm waiting for my doctor's office to call me with the results and then they will send me back to the surgeon. The good news is I already have a surgery date set and also have the surgeon set. The question is is how will they feel doing so many procedures at one time? This I'm almost positive of: I'm now looking at an inpatient stay. 


Right now I've also got one thing I don't want: advice from everybody. I just want people to know that I will be doing what's best for me. I'm not making any rash decisions. I'm doing the research that's necessary so I feel confident in my decision. 


I called Joe today and let him know what is going on. He's so laid-back when it comes to that stuff. He's confident I'm making the decision that I need to and offers no advice. I also called the pastor at my church as they are offering to help me in finding somebody to help take care of things while I'm laid up. 
My MOPS group has offered to help make 4 meals for me and my family. That will be a huge blessing, although if there's one thing I do well it is planning ahead and at the top of planning ahead, I always have meals at the ready in my freezer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment