Friday, June 21, 2013

New Recipe- veggie medley angel hair pasta

I made this for my kids and completely expected fits. My kids never let me forget that they do not like cooked vegetables. They like them raw. I was pleasantly surprised that they loved it and all had seconds. Even with chopping, it probably only took 30 minutes. It serves probably 8 adults, but served my family of 6. 

1- 1lb box angel hair pasta
1c. Red bell pepper, diced finely
3/4c. Red onion, diced finely
3/4c.-1c. Grated zucchini 
1/4 c. Chopped fresh cilantro 
1c. Chopped spinach
2tbl. Olive oil
3/4c. Organic Italian Style Dressing
1/2 tsp salt, 1tsp pepper
Optional: sliced olives, bacon pieces, Parmesan cheese

Directions: In a large sauté pan, sauté: peppers, onions, zucchini, and cilantro in the olive oil. Sauté over medium heat until veggies are fragrant and almost tender. While that sautés, boil angel hair pasta to package directions. When done, combine pasta, sautéd veggies, and spinach. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve. 
Sautéd veggies
Finished product 

No comments:

Post a Comment